Blogs that I follow

Monday, July 19, 2010

Sunday was a day devoted to shopping...
So, we headed out to the Gardens Mall. While we were there, Fabian redeemed his Aveda Birthday voucher... let me just say yum! I love that place. After that, we walked over to Banana, where I ended up getting a dress that I have been eyeing for months (for a fraction of the price)!



After our fun filled day of shopping, we swung by the health food store to pick up a few needed items. As I was limping by the deli area (due to the world's most uncomfortable shoes), I noticed a display of sweet potato stuffed acorn squash, and it looked very appetizing. So last night, we had baked brown mustard garlic chicken, buttery brussel sprouts (with bacon, garlic, and shallots), and sweet potato stuffed acorn squash. It all turned out pretty well, but I must say Greenwise is on to something.



Helpful Hint
If you are a working mother (or if you are unable to do anything for longer than 10 consecutive minutes due to the fact that your infant MUST be entertained at ALL times), this is an easy meal to prep beforehand.

10-Minute Dessert
For dessert, we had Raspberry Cream over Shortbread cookies with hot coffee.
I first warmed the cookies in the oven for about 5 minutes on 375 degrees. While the cookies were warming, I mixed together:
4oz cream cheese softened
1/3 cup whipped heavy whipping cream
3tbs organic brown sugar
(in that order)
I then added:
1/3 cup fresh raspberries
(It would have been a good idea to run them through the food processor and strain them to remove the seeds. I'll be sure to do that next time around)!



Original Recipe from http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/raspberry-cream-dessert/Detail.aspx

More Milestones
Roman also really enjoyed dinner! Yes, that's right...Roman ate both sweet potatoes and acorn squash! Afterwards, he slept for 6 straight hours, which was only confirmation that we had made a very good decision in letting him sample dinner! Roman has also begun to do other new things, like pushing upwards and scooting backwards and "crawling" about a foot on his quilt on the floor.




As for me
I have been working on a painting. It's gigantic, probably about 6ft in height and about 3ft wide. I'm not to sure what I am wanting it to transpose into. As for now, I am just enjoying taking the time out for myself with a glass of red and a paint brush.
I also have been crocheting both Christmas presents (potholders for stocking stuffers and other items for the children) and a sweater for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search & Win