Blogs that I follow

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Beatles/Beetles Day (and bubbles)


My LO and I got an unexpected day together this week, when I found that he had a fever late Thursday night. I kept him home from school and took the day off (thanks to my nothing-short-of-amazing boss). I decided to make it as fun as possible by showing DS one of my all-time favorite bands, The Beatles.

We watched The Beatles Cartoons from the late 60's on YouTube.com.

 One of My Favorites

"This series marked a historical milestone as the first weekly television series to feature animated versions of real, living people. (wiki). The Beatles, of course are only imitated and did not add anything to the cartoon, except for their songs.

While I found many episodes funny, I did find some to be a bit too "trippy" (like I am the Walrus). However, I'm not sure how it could not be, since the lyrics apparently stemmed from Lennon's acid trips. So, I decided to filter a few before showing them to Little.

I also found some more great coloring pages at  www.first-school.ws.
We colored Beetles coloring sheets, together.
He can now say the words "Beatle/beetle."
We talked about the fact that beetles have six legs. 


He also learned to blow bubbles in the bath tub while listening to Strawberry Fields' Pandora Radio Station! 

Even though he was not feeling well, I think he enjoyed our Beatles Mania Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search & Win